YES! And here's a few reasons why...
1) We are experts. This is what we do all day, every day. The real estate world is constantly changing, so even if you have purchased or sold a home before there is bound to be something new to learn. We continually attend trainings and take courses to ensure we understand every aspect of buying or selling a home, including laws and regulations. We know the best way to price your home, as we take more variables into account than a zestimate or other online sources, making your home value as accurate as possible. We are familiar with closing costs + loan procedures and can guide you through each step of the home buying process.
2) Negotiation skills! "Top producing agents negotiate well because, unlike most buyers and sellers, they can remove themselves from the emotional aspects of the transaction and because they are skilled." We love you, promise, but we look at this as a business transaction and we don't let our judgement get clouded with emotions. We strive to do everything we can to negotiate in your best interests.
3) We have access to vendors. Can you google "painter" or "lawn care"? Sure you can, but have you worked with them before? Do you know the quality of their work? We can provide access to almost any source you need with confidence. We work with the most talented lenders, inspectors, + home improvement pros in the industry. Let us connect you and see if you would be a good fit together!
4) We can't lie to you. REALTOR®s are bound by a code of ethics that prohibits us from doing so. If you are working with someone who is not an agent, they may not be disclosing everything or telling you the whole truth about a property, which can lead to BIG problems after you move into your new home. I know what you're thinking, of course an agent can lie--we are human after all, but the truth is that we rely on referrals for business, and we aren't going to be successful if we aren't trustworthy. You can rely on us to be honest with you throughout the whole process.
5) Marketing Power! In most cases, a home won't sell on advertising alone. We network frequently to meet contacts to help sell your home or find out about off market + upcoming listings. We have a large social media presence and use professional photography to ensure your home is marketed to the right audience so that it will sell quickly.
Buying and selling a home can be complicated, but with a REALTOR® it doesn't have to be. This is our specialty, let us help you!
P.S. -- Click on the links above to see even MORE reasons why you should buy or sell a home with a professional.